Mission and Vision Statements
The MnPALS consortium of libraries facilitates reliable and cost-efficient access to library resources for the benefit of their user communities. The consortium supports an integrated automated system that addresses the needs of all participating libraries.
Goals of the MnPALS Consortium include:
- Providing effective communication, coordination, and collaboration among diverse types of member libraries, including academic, public, school, and special libraries.
- Supporting standards-based systems that allow flexibility and integration with the larger information universe.
- Facilitating resource sharing and networking among member libraries to allow all participants access to available resources.
- Providing support, training, expertise, and additional related services through a central office.
- Ensuring that sufficient financial resources are available to meet current and long-range system development and maintenance needs, and that these resources are spent wisely.