- Interested in open-source digital asset management, but don’t have the resources to host it yourself?
- Need help migrating from another system?
- Tired of physical items getting lost or damaged?
- Or maybe you would like a little development and/or metadata assistance!
PALS Can Help
We provide expert hosting, support, and development services for Islandora. We have been doing this work since 2013 and we currently host Islandora for 15 institutions. In addition, we host and support Opendora, which is the Minnesota State repository for open educational resources. PALS augments Islandora’s native analytics using Matomo, a product that has a solid reputation concerning data privacy.
Features of Islandora:
- Can ingest all formats
- Is customizable
- Is responsive to multiple devices
- Integrations are possible via API
Already using Islandora and wondering why you might want to switch to Islandora 2?
- It uses Drupal 8 and Fedora 4 (of course, it is always a good idea to keep the software current)
- Easier ingest than Islandora 7
- Native integration with RDF
Why choose to work with PALS?
- The IT end of things can be time-consuming and difficult. The PALS staff can take care of the server, security, Solr index, and your website theme
- Development is our specialty! We have a developer who has:
- Built a customized download function
- Developed a customizable Browse By index based on metadata fields
- Created specific reports to provide needed data
- Built and customized the Compound Object display
- Excellent and trusted support has been at that center of our mission since 1980
- Our Cataloging and Metadata Librarian is ready to assist you with workflows, metadata decisions, and testing of all features
Curious about getting started?
- More information about the Islandora project/community is linked here
- Ready for a demo or quote or just have questions? Reach Us Here
Erica Nutzman from the Minnesota State Law Library answered a few questions for us after going live with on Islandora 2 in February 2023:
What is the most valuable piece of Islandora and/or working with the PALS staff?
The staff is always the most valuable part of working with PALS. They will always go the extra mile to answer a question or figure out the solution to a problem.
What are the benefits of your new site?
I have control of what’s online and I don’t have to worry about ads or other stuff popping up like on YouTube.