OCLC and Importing Bibliographic Records
- Setting up Connexion for Alma – A short video detailing step-by-step instructions about setting up OCLC Connexion Client to export bibliographic records from OCLC to Alma.
- Importing Bibliographic Records from Connexion to Alma – Learn how to form MARC field 949 to create inventory in Alma. Using an import profile to import bibliographic records from OCLC Connexion Client to Alma.
- Setting up CatExpress for Alma – A short video detailing step-by-step instructions about setting up OCLC CatExpress to export bibliographic records from OCLC to Alma.
- Importing Bibliographic Records from CatExpress to Alma – Learn how to use CatExpress in order to import bibliographic records from OCLC CatExpress to Alma.
- Batch list of OCLC numbers for input to Connexion – Using a .txt document as an input file to update holdings in WorldCat. OCLC Connexion users only.
- Assigning Function Keys in Connexion for ALA, Characters – Streamline foreign language cataloging by learning how to assign function keys to special characters.
Importing Bibliographic Records
- Import profile considerations – Selections to consider when creating an import profile for importing bibliographic records.
- Order record overlay based on POL – Using an import profile to match the incoming bibliographic record by the POL number (order number).
- Creating a POL overlay import profile – Create an import profile to match the incoming bibliographic record on the POL number (order number).
- Overlay based on OCLC number in a brief bibliographic record – Overlay a brief bibliographic record created in the Institution Zone. Share the bibliographic record with the Network Zone once the brief record overlayed with a full bibliographic record.
- Copy Cataloging using the Network Zone – Using Network Zone bibliographic records for basic cataloging.
- Cataloging using Search Resources – Making the most from the Alma functionality of searching external resources, such as WorldCat, to import bibliographic records to Alma’s Institution Zone.
- Importing Alma local fields to the Network Zone – With the March 2020 release, it is now possible to import Alma local fields to the Network Zone.
Workflows and Configurations
- Call Number Mapping – Learn about mapping call numbers from the bibliographic record automatically to the holding record. Learn about mapping call numbers from the bibliographic record automatically to the holding record.
- Adding URLs (Portfolios) to Bibliographic Records – Learn how to add URLs to individual bibliographic records. Use instructions to add URLs to course reserve records.
- Adding Item Notes – using the Change Physical Item and a set of records to add or update item record notes.
- Basic Ex Libris Training Videos – Ex Libris basic getting started with Alma cataloging videos.
Sets and Jobs
- Create sets – Creating sets is the first step to update and batch changes in Alma. Learn the basics of set creation.
- Batch updates and jobs in Resource Management – The document describes resource management-related jobs and their functions. Also, highlighting the basics of running a job.
- Updating item notes with the Change Physical Item job – Using the Change Physical Item job to add, update, and change notes fields in item records.
- Create a list to update holdings in Connexion in batch – Using Notepad or Notepad++ and Alma Analytics to create a list of OCLC numbers to use in the Connexion Client.
Publishing to OCLC
Publishing to OCLC
- Publishing to OCLC – Alma has the ability to publish bibliographic, holding, and electronic records to OCLC.
Scan and Toss
- Scan’N’Toss – API developed at the PALS office to assist in the item withdrawal process. API creates an item set and a text file with OCLC numbers for the Connexion Client to delete WorldCat holdings.
- Batch Changing Holding Records using a Normalization Rule – Use normalization rules to change indicators, delete or add subfields.
- Update bibliographic records with local MARC fields – Using normalization rules to add local MARC fields to Network Zone linked MARC records.
- Spine-O-Matic label printing – Spine label printing requires a third-party program. The documentation demonstrates how to download and set-up the label printing program.
- Spine-O-Matic Cloud App – It is unnecessary to install the third-party program when using the Cloud App, available from within the Alma homepage.
Loading Electronic Records
- Loading Films on Demand records – Import Films on Demand records to Alma to enable discovery in Primo.
- Loading Electronic Records – Learn everything you need to know about loading electronic records to Alma. Load electronic type of bibliographic records to create portfolios in Alma. Includes short instructional video and PowerPoint with notes.
Harvesting Repository Records to Alma Primo
- Harvesting Repository Records – Learn how to set-up and harvest repositories, such as Opendora/Islandora or Beepress records to Alma/Primo.
- How-to Webinar
Using Electronic Government Documents from the Network Zone
- Creating Scope and Search Profile for Primo – Instructions on creating a scope, search profile, and facet for using eGovernment Documents from the Network Zone.
- Localizing local fields from the Network Zone to the Institution Zone – Learn how to move Alma local fields from the Network Zone to the Institution Zone.
- Delete no title records from PALS – Delete no title records migrated to Aleph from PALS and now to Alma.
- Fix Aleph Locations in Alma – Clean-up Unassigned and Error locations migrated from Aleph.