OCLC and Importing Bibliographic Records
- Setting up Connexion for Alma – A short video detailing step-by-step instructions about setting up OCLC Connexion Client to export bibliographic records from OCLC to Alma.
- Importing Bibliographic Records from Connexion to Alma – Learn how to form MARC field 949 to create inventory in Alma. Using an import profile to import bibliographic records from OCLC Connexion Client to Alma.
- Setting up CatExpress for Alma – A short video detailing step-by-step instructions about setting up OCLC CatExpress to export bibliographic records from OCLC to Alma.
- Importing Bibliographic Records from CatExpress to Alma – Learn how to use CatExpress in order to import bibliographic records from OCLC CatExpress to Alma.
- Batch list of OCLC numbers for input to Connexion – Using a .txt document as an input file to update holdings in WorldCat. OCLC Connexion users only.
- Assigning Function Keys in Connexion for ALA, Characters – Streamline foreign language cataloging by learning how to assign function keys to special characters.
Importing Bibliographic Records
- Import profile considerations – Selections to consider when creating an import profile for importing bibliographic records.
- Order record overlay based on POL – Using an import profile to match the incoming bibliographic record by the POL number (order number).
- Creating a POL overlay import profile – Create an import profile to match the incoming bibliographic record on the POL number (order number).
- Overlay based on OCLC number in a brief bibliographic record – Overlay a brief bibliographic record created in the Institution Zone. Share the bibliographic record with the Network Zone once the brief record overlayed with a full bibliographic record.
- Cataloging using Search Resources – Making the most from the Alma functionality of searching external resources, such as WorldCat, to import bibliographic records to Alma’s Institution Zone.
- Importing Alma local fields to the Network Zone – With the March 2020 release, it is now possible to import Alma local fields to the Network Zone.
Workflows and Configurations
- Call Number Mapping – Learn about mapping call numbers from the bibliographic record automatically to the holding record. Learn about mapping call numbers from the bibliographic record automatically to the holding record.
- Basic copy-cataloging workflow – Explore the basics of cataloging in Alma from search techniques to adding holding and item records. Learn how to add an Alma local MARC field.
- Deleting bibliographic, holding and item records – Gain an understanding of how to delete an item, holding and bibliographic records from Alma.
- Adding URLs (Portfolios) to Bibliographic Records – Learn how to add URLs to individual bibliographic records. Use instructions to add URLs to course reserve records.
Sets and Jobs
- Create sets – Creating sets is the first step to update and change batches changes in Alma. Learn the basics of set creation.
- Batch updates and jobs in Resource Management – The document describes resource management related jobs and their functions. Also, highlighting the basics of running a job.
- Updating item notes with the Change Physical Item job – Using the Change Physical Item job to add, update, and change notes fields in item records.
- Create a list to update holdings in Connexion in batch – Using Notepad or Notepad++ and Alma Analytics to create a list of OCLC numbers to use in the Connexion Client.
- Batch Changing Holding Records using a Normalization Rule – Use normalization rules to change indicators, delete or add subfields.
- Update bibliographic records with local MARC fields – Using normalization rules to add local MARC fields to Network Zone linked MARC records.
- Spine-O-Matic label printing – Spine label printing requires a third party program. The documentation demonstrates how to download and set-up the label printing program.
Loading Electronic Records
- Loading Films on Demand records – Import Films on Demand records to Alma in order to enable discovery in Primo.
- Loading Electronic Records – Learn everything you need to know about loading electronic records to Alma. Load electronic type of bibliographic records to create portfolios in Alma. Includes short instructional video and PowerPoint with notes.
- Localizing local fields from the Network Zone to the Institution Zone – Learn how to move Alma local fields from the Network Zone to the Institution Zone.
- Delete no title records from PALS – Delete no title records that were migrated to Aleph from PALS and now to Alma.
- Fix Aleph Locations in Alma – Clean-up Unassigned and Error locations, migrated from Aleph.