Here are some resources for those new to Electronic Resource Management. These resources are also useful to those who need a refresher or need to learn more about Alma and the Central Discovery Index functionality for Electronic Resource Management.
Managing Community Zone Collections that Are Also in the Central Discovery Index
- Lesson: Terminology: Electronic Collections Management (Answer 4271) – Learn the terms used by Alma related to Electronic Collections management. Find out the difference between a portfolio and a collection.
- Lesson: Community Zone Collection Activations for Discovery and Access (Answer 4272) – Alma has two types of collection activations available for users. Find out how you can set up collections for discovery and access-or just one of the two.
- Lesson: Community Zone Collection Activation Workflow Options with Tips on Discovery and Access settings in the Activation Wizard (Answer 4273) – Curious about how to get through the Collection Activation Wizard. This lesson introduces you to the type of activation workflows available before sending you to view the CDI – New Roles and Workflows sessions & CDI Q&As.
- Webinar: CDI – New Roles and Workflows sessions & CDI Q&As (01/08/20 and 01/09/20) (Answer 4258) – The CDI – New Roles and Workflows sessions & CDI Q&As showcase the workflows used to activate CZ collections. We have included information about which roles Alma requires for the individual workflow options.
- Lesson: Discovery of e-resources in Primo – distinguishing whether a record is coming from Alma or the Central Discovery Index (CDI) (Answer 4269) – This lesson focuses on how to determine whether a record is coming from Alma or the CDI.
- Lesson: Central Discovery Index (CDI) merged records and linking behavior (Answer 4270) -CDI link versus services from the Alma Link Resolver. Alma and the CDI can provide you with one link or many. Find out how Alma and the CDI determine which link to provide your users based on your activated collections.