Flexibility in Library Services: Rediscovering our Work
Save the Date: April 5-9, 2021
Join us for MnPALS’s first online conference, April 5-9, 2021. Presentations will take place from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. through the week. Topics could include, but aren’t limited to, leadership, reference, instruction, consortia, or technology.
Help shape the structure of the conference by volunteering to be on the conference committee. Please fill out this form to volunteer.
Call for Proposals open until 1/10/2021
The world of libraries is continually changing, which has never been more apparent than in the past year. Though the last few months have been demanding, libraries have met every obstacle with innovation and resilience. Through teamwork and outreach, libraries have remained flexible to sustain crucial services through unprecedented changes. In recognition of our shared experiences, MnPALS will be hosting a virtual conference on the topic of Flexibility in Library Services: Rediscovering our Work.
Have you had to devise new workarounds, shift services, or rethink pre-existing policies? Maybe amidst these challenges, you’ve found opportunities to improve processes and workflows to better respond to the needs of your community.
Consider sharing your experience & expertise with library colleagues at the virtual spring conference April 5-9, 2021. Sessions can take the form of short presentations, long presentations, lightning rounds, or panels, and will be thematically divided into the following categories:
- Making the Most of Alma/Primo VE
- Moving Beyond the ILS
Selection criteria include:
- Presenter Information
- Relevance and Originality
Examples could include (but certainly aren’t limited to!):
- How you’ve adjusted your technical processes for Alma/Primo VE
- The impact of the pandemic on your services
- Assessing the pivot to virtual services
- Moving to a more action-oriented approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Or anything else you would like to share with your colleagues!
Minimum technical requirements:
- Basic Zoom knowledge
- Computer with speakers and microphone (headset preferred)
- Stable internet connection
- Quiet space for presenting
Hope to see you at the Conference!