1. The MnPALS Validation Work Group recommended that if the 945 tagfield is present then subfield “a” will be validated as a mandatory, non-repeatable subfield for OCLC export communication purposes with Aleph.
2. The MnPALS Validation Work Group recommended that if the 994 tagfield is present then subfields “a” and “b” will be validated as an allowable, non-repeatable subfield.
3. Some special characters (&, %, $) can cause errors in Aleph’s batch services when used for MARC tagging. Therefore, they are not allowed in the Validation tables.
4. Because hyphens are being substituted for uncoded 007 positions when a record is imported from OCLC, the hyphen will be included as a valid character for certain positions in field 007.
5. To eliminate unnecessary redundancies in the Aleph validation process, we will make the following additions: