Wednesday, October 19, 2011 Minnesota State University Moorhead 2:30 - 3:20 p.m.
Present: Suzanne Anderson, Ala Garlinska, Jean Kramer, Rosie Mock, Kathy Ness, Dee Nolan, Peg O’Neill, Jennifer Ristau, Bonnie Schilling, Linda Swanson, Rachel Wexelbaum
1. Welcome Rachel Wexelbaum opened meeting with introductions.
2. Selection of a recorder Jean Kramer offered to record minutes.
3. Minutes The minutes from Fall 2010 were moved to be approved by Ala Garlinska; Jennifer Ristau seconded. Group approved.
4. Elections Ala renominated Jean Kramer to continue on user council; Jean agreed and group approved. Rachel noted that she will need to be replaced during her sabbatical.
5. PALS Report Dee Nolan directed all to go online for the latest PALS Report. It contains recent staff activities, information on EDI processes, and open problems with Aleph acquisitions. Rachel Wexelbaum asked if PALS will be looking at ExLibris’ forthcoming product Alma. Dee noted Alma isn’t ready for our consortium and that the new product will be more expensive than Aleph. Users will be asked for input when the product is viable. Rachel suggested we invite an outside speaker to talk about Alma acquisitions as the product comes closer to release.
6. Version 20 issues The group discussed Rachel’s procedures for pulling statistics on circulations per budgets. Rosie Mock suggested that priv-21 might be adapted to add budgets. Dee mentioned that Version 21 will be coming out in the Spring. Enhancements include easier invoice payments for serials. Dee also stated Ebsco annual invoices are coming out soon and she may offer another online refresher to load the invoices with EDI.
7. Spring 2012 workday planning The group debated whether to do an in-person or online workday. Most agreed that in-person allowed more interaction. The group also agreed to coordinate workday activities with the catalogers. Rachel agreed to contact them to let them know of our interest in collaborating. Several topics for the meeting were suggested including copyright, selection tools, ebooks. Jean suggested offering basic module training/refresher so more staff could be cross-trained or retrained.