Looking for more than milestones? Find the full details here.
Important activities and dates
- 2018-09-07: Test Load 2 completed, currently being tested. This “Mini migration” is being used to test migration fixes for 360 Link data, bib records with STA fields, and Z305 fields.
- 2018-08-16: Cutover and go-live dates set; Aleph Technical Services freeze – end of day 12/14/18 (Circulation and ILL remain available); data extract from Aleph to start 12/17, and data load on Alma to be completed 1/18/2019. Go-live scheduled for Tuesday, January 29, 2019!
- 2018-09-02: September Alma and Primo VE releases installed on production (next release October 7)
- 2018-09-16: October Alma and Primo VE releases installed on sandboxes (next release October 21)
- Testing functionality using checklists created by work groups
- Functional training
- Configuring authentication
- Configuring Resource Sharing for all libraries
- Testing load of user data
Training for the Consortium of MnPALS Libraries on the Alma and Primo software by the PALS staff will occur between September 5 and December 6, 2018. All library staff that will work with either Alma or Primo should plan to attend sessions that relate to their work. This is the training that will prepare you for go-live. Additional training will be scheduled as needed after go-live.
In addition to webinars, we are planning in-person training during and preceding the User Group meeting (which will be held on November 2, 2018 at the Wellstone Center in St. Paul). Morning and afternoon sessions are being planned for October 31 and November 1 at 7700 France in Edina. Breakout sessions will also be held opposite user group meetings on November 2. Watch for registration information, which will be sent soon.
There are two updates to the schedule since it was first published. They are as follows:
- The Primo Q&A session scheduled for 11/6 at 2:00 pm has been moved to 11/6 at 1:00 pm.
- A web session titled “Fulfillment Configuration Changes related to Loans” has been added. It is scheduled for Friday, October 12th from 9-10 am and will be repeated Monday, November 12th from 10-11 am.
If you’d like the full update that was sent to the MnPALS-Discuss list on October 3, 2018, click here.