Technical Services Report: September, 2010
Server and Systems Work
- Working with MSU IT on adding our storage to their SAN rather than buying a new SAN ourselves or continuing to pay maintenance on our existing SAN.
- Creating a Solaris zone for the production version of Aleph 20.
- Rewrote the daily clear_vir01 runs fixing an occasional problem that leaves Aleph down
- Installed latest version 19 Service Pack 785 on production on September 12, 2010.
- Upgrade to Version 20
- Announcement sent to MnPALS Announce and Discuss lists notifying libraries of tentative timeline.
- Performing second test conversion.
- EgDemo and EgPlay have been converted from 32 bits to 64 bits.
- Installed and set up the latest stable version of Evergreen (184.108.40.206) on EgDemo since it will be used to demo Evergreen at the upcoming conferences. We will use ECRL bibs which have been loaded; we are working on loading ECRL items.
- A 2.0 alpha has been released with serials/acquisitions functionality. It is not stable so we will not be upgrading to this version, We will install it on EgPlay to evaluate.
- Did a fresh extract and rebuilt the SOLR database
- August 21, 2010
- Distributed the latest code to Odin
- They switched the new code to production on September 10, 2010
- 8/30 Updated the development server to the latest CUFTS software
- 9/3 Knowledge base updated
- Updated the development server to the latest CUFTS software
- Modifying and testing COUNTER reports
Meetings Attended by Tech Staff
- 8/24 MasterKey demo
- 8/26 Extensible Catalog demo
- Linda Richter: 9/7 Consortium Futures Interest Group
Training Received by Tech Staff
- Rod Bruce: 9/13 - 9/17, Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 1 (in-office virtual e-learning)
- Rod Bruce: 9/20 - 9/24, Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 2 (in-office virtual e-learning)