Aleph Version 20 Going Live January 29!
The upgrade to Aleph version 20 is nearly complete. If all goes as planned, we expect to have version 20 live in production by late in the day on Saturday, January 29, 2011. Watch for an announcement on January 29 indicating that the upgrade is complete.
- The production server will be down on Saturday, January 29 from 2:00 a.m. until late in the day to do the switch over. The web OPAC and MnPALS Plus will be redirected to dev19 during this time, which will have the data from production 19 as of January 22.
- The last day to update tables in version 19 is January 23. We will begin moving tables from production 19 to production 20 on Monday morning, January 24.
- If you make any changes to tables or files on dev20, they will not be saved. Only tables and files on the production version 19 server will be moved to production version 20 next week.
- The last day to test version 20 on the development server is January 28.
We have posted information on our web site to assist you during the transition from version 19. General information about the upgrade can be found here, and you will find the following:
- The Aleph version 20 functionality review prepared by our support and training staff, as both Adobe documents and recorded sessions. Please take a look at the sections that pertain to your work.
- The version 20 clients. To install the client, follow the instructions at the bottom of the page.
- A testing Checklist.
- The Go Live Document.
It is important that you take time to review the Go Live Document before January 29. This document contains valuable information regarding what you need to do now, what to do during the down time next Saturday, and what needs to be done when version 20 is live in production. It has important notes about each functional module, including some known problems in version 20.
If you have any questions or concerns about this upgrade, please use the PALS Support Center and select product “Version 20 Upgrade”.